DescriptionThis one's got more going for it than a Roger Clemens slider. It's statistically staggering, and its incredible graphics and exciting life-like gameplay make it the ultimate in baseball simulation. In addition, it's licensed by the Major League Baseball Players Association and endorsed by the "Bible of Baseball" itself, The Sporting News. Welcome to the Big Leagues. You have a choice: you can control, play and manage your own big league team. Or sit back and watch the computer slug out a true-to-life statistical game. Either way, you can choose from players of 26 teams with stars like Ozzie Smith, Dave Winfield, Kirk Gibson, Mike Schmidt and George Brett. Along with over 150 baseball legends from Ruth to Mays. So many averages it's way beyond average. Slugging percentages. Stolen bases. Fielding ranges. Earned run averages. Choose your line-up to take advantage of your player's speed and power. But enough about the numbers, let's play ball. Do you throw home, or hit the cut-off man? Hold the runners, or charge the bunt? Throw a fast ball low and inside, or is it time for a change-up? The game even tracks pitcher fatigue on screen. There are split second plays to react to and multiple screens to keep you in the action at all times. Even a box score at the end of the game. Now, play ball. - Choose line-ups from over 150 past baseball greats and from players of 26 teams. Or create your dream team by trading and/or drafting. - Over six separate hitter/fielder ratings. Pitching ratings on speed, fatigue, fielding average and control. - Three modes of gameplay--player vs. player, player vs. computer, or computer vs. computer.
- Name: The Sporting News Baseball - Commodore 64
- Platform: Commodore 64
- Developer & Publisher: Epyx
- Official Release Date: 1988
- Genre: Sports > Team > Baseball > Sim
- Age Rating: ESRB
- Descriptor(s): Mild Lyrics, Suggestive Themes
- Country: USA
- Product ID:
- Item Code:
New & Pre-Owned Guarantee
- NEW item(s) are 100% Brand New Factory Sealed in Original Packaging, Ready to Ship securely. NIB: New in Box
- USED item(s) are cleaned and tested professionally, each is individually wrapped to guarantee you a perfectly clear box. 100% safe! CIB: Complete in Box or L: Loose
- If you would like to see actual photo or box art of the pre-owned games, please feel free to contact us for more photos prior purchase. Thanks and Happy Hunting!